On the day of the last Apple event, Tuesday September 9th:
- I owned two iPads, two iPhones, an Apple TV, and a MacBook for work.
- I blocked two hours to watch a company announce products which were 100% surprises.
- My company almost entirely develops software using Apple products and exclusively builds mobile Apple software.
- I excitedly upgraded my phone to iOS 8 the day it was available.
- I have been writing software on OS X for 2.5 years.
On that day, Apple’s influence in my personal and professional life finally dawned on me.
I’m not a big investor - most of our savings are in index funds - but given the presence Apple has in my life, it seems silly not to bet on their continued success.